eCommerce Web Tools from Nanghost
WHAT E-COMMERCE MEAN ?
Electronic commerce, or e-commerce, means buying products or services over the internet. One way of doing so is by using a credit card and the way in which this process works we are going to show you how.
The consumer visits the online web store to purchase your merchandise. The transaction details are then carried over a secure connection, or SSL, to the Nanghost secure server.
- Their encrypted credit card details are handled by the Payment Processing Gateway, which manages the transaction.
- The movement of funds is processed by the merchant account.
- The funds are then debited from the buyers credit card account.
- Followed by the funds being deposited into the seller's bank account.
There are different ways of managing e-commerce transactions on your website. Perhaps the simplest method is allowing a third party, such as Autorize.Net or Paypal, to deal with all your e-commerce processing or another method is by incorporating everything into your website pages.
To handle everything through your website, your site will need to be designed to show your merchandise.
- You can utilize the shopping cart system.
- Alternatively, you can create a system of your own, with a customized website and a database.
If you are going to accept credit card transactions through your website, it's important you have Secure Socket Layer, or SSL, encryption in place. This ensures all transaction details are encrypted as they travel between the buyers PC and the server. When using an SSL protected system, a small lock icon can be seen on your web browser at the bottom right of the screen.
If you decide to handle e-commerce transactions via your website, rather than allowing a third party to manage them, you will also need to set up a Merchant Account and a processor account.
Since e-commerce is usually at the heart of an online business, let's go into some more detail about the tools required to make it happen. Basically, if you want to sell products and collect payment electronically, you're going to have:
- A merchant account - an account that lets you collect payment via credit card.
- Software to collect information - shopping cart programs like osCommerce, Agora, Zen.
- Software to process the transaction and send information to all of the involved parties (your bank, their bank, etc.).
- A secure server - SSL (secure socket layer) will encrypt the data and send it to a secure server where it can't be intercepted by a third party.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
- 30 days Money Back Guarantee
- Unlimited 24/7 Quality Support
- Online ticket system (New!)
- Instant access and setup
- Login to SiteBuilder (View Tutorial)
- Select web template & add content
- Publish to your webhosting account
- Select a web template search etc.
While looking for a reliable web hosting provider I came across Nanghost Web Hosting. I have been blown away with their service and support and recommend Nanghost Web Hosting to all my friends!